Thursday, August 28, 2008

Full of Grace

I finished Full of Grace by Dorothea Benton Frank last night. I have to say that I was pleansantly surprised by the whole story. It's rare that a book surprises me but this one did. Maybe because what was written on the dust jacket made it sound like it was just about Grace and her family and didn't spill the beans of the true story. Often when reading the short description of a book they will elude to something happening that will change a life or the main character will return home or find love or something along those lines so you are prepared for the story to take a twist or turn here and there. But Full of Grace lets you find out right along with the characters of what's going on and I found that really refreshing. Without giving anything away, I would say that the book is about family, love, faith and of course grace.

Another element of the book that I enjoyed was the chapter titles. As I've previously mentioned, I find chapter titles missing from adult fiction.

I am finally getting around to reading On Mystic Lake by Kristin Hannah. I started it this morning on the way to work and have found it easy to read. I was worried it would be depressing and it wouldn't hold my attention. I hope to finish it in the next few days since it's due at the library on the 2nd. I did manage to get an extra day because of Labor Day! Don't you love when that happens?

No comments: