Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Slow going....

I am close to finishing Olive Kitteridge. Maybe 60 pages left. I hope to finish it today. It's been slow going though. I do like the story and the characters but it's been hard for me to really settle into it. I haven't found the rhythm on the voices. I find myself reading along and then lost as to what just happened and have to re-read the last paragraph or so. I'm not sure if the short story style of the book is what is slowing me down or if it's something else.

Even though it's taken me awhile to read Olive Kitteridge I never thought I wouldn't finish it. This year I have not finished a record number of books I've started (about 5 or 6). It might be a combination of my interest in reading the book when I start it. If I'm not in the mood for a certain type of book then I'm less likely to enjoy it or even pick it up to continue to read it. I know I've started books just so I'd have something to read but at the time was really hoping for something else. There are so many choices of books out there, one to fit each mood. You just have to find the right one to enjoy.

1 comment:

said...

Nice review. Well written and helpful... what more can a person want :o)