Thursday, July 31, 2008

Finished!

I finished Olive Kitteridge last night. I have to be honest. I didn't like it as much as I thought I would. I did like it but I thought I would really enjoy it but I didn't. I did find the short story format interesting but I'm not sure I'm a short story kind of girl. I get too attached to the characters I'm reading and then the next chapter just moves away from them and I'm wondering what became of them. I did like the chapters with Olive in them. You got to see the world from her eyes and understand her better. I would say if the story and the format sound interesting to you, you should definitely read it. Elizabeth Strout does write nicely and weaves together a great story.

Next up, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon. I haven't started it yet but did flip through the book quickly last night. I saw some math equations in there--it should be interesting! I'm looking forward to something a little different.

1 comment:

Luanne said...

Hey Lori - Let me know how you like "the Curious Incident....". I was enthralled with it, but have talked to a book club who did and half the members hated it!